Customer Rights & Responsibilities
We believe that all customers receiving services from Grand Mesa Medical Supply LLC (GMMS) should be informed of their rights. Therefore, you are entitled to:
- Be treated with dignity, courtesy, and respect.
- Receive reasonable coordination and continuity of service from referring agency for home medical equipment services.
- Be fully informed of GMMS policies, procedures, and charges for services and equipment, including eligbility for third party reimbursement.
- Receive an explanation of all forms yor are requested to sign.
- Receive home medical equipment and services regardless of race, religion, color, sex, sexual preference, national origin, age or disability.
- Receive proper identification of name and title from personnel providing services.
- Participate in decisions concerning home medical equipment needs, including the right to refuse service within the confines of the law.
- Have all records (except as otherwise provided for by law or third party payor contract) and all communications, written or oral, between customers and health care providers treated confidentially.
- Access all health records pertaining to the customer and the right to challenge and have the records corrected for accuracy.
- Express dissatisfaction and sugget changes in any service without corcion, discrimination, reprisal, or unreasonable interruption in service.
- Receive information on GMMS’s mechanism for receiving, reviewing, and resolving yor complaints or concerns.
- Be assured that your rights are honored by GMMS staff.
- Be informed of all responsibilites regarding home medical equipment usage and services.
- Customer agrees that rental equipment will be used with reasonable care. not altered or modified and returned in good condition (normal wear excepted.)
- Customer agrees to promptly report to GMMS any malfunctions to defects in equipment, maintenance and/or pickup of the equipment.
- Customer agrees to use the equipment for the purposes so indicated and in compliance with the Physician’s prescription. Customer agrees to keep the equipment in their possession and at the address to which it was delivered unless otherwise authorized by GMMS.
- Customer agrees to notify GMMS of any hospitalizations or change in customer insurance, address, telephone number, physician, or when the need for rental equipment no longer exists.
- Customer agrees to accept all financial responsibility for home medical equipment furnished by GMMS.
Complete customer satisfaction is an important priority for our company. Accordingly, we invite you or your authorized representative to notify us if service levels are less than satisfactory. Our policy is to review each and every complaint and seek an immediate resolution to the satisfaction of all concerned. Please feel free to apprise us of any concerns or complaints you may have. Moreover, we welcome all suggestions from our customers with respect to how we may further improve our service level. Consumer reporting may be forwarded to the Colorado Consumer Line at the State Attorney’s General Office 303-866-4500, or Joint Commission at 800-994-6610.